12 Aug Hair Analysis
After working with hundreds of individuals over 23 years and listening to their needs I felt inspired to include hair mineral analysis, hormone saliva testing and food intolerance testing to the protocols I use with clients. Today I will focus on hair mineral analysis which is an excellent screening test to identify specific nutrient mineral imbalances, disease trends, and load of toxic heavy metals. Hair mineral analysis is an excellent assessment to help you understand your body chemistry and achieve optimal health. A sample of head hair is sent to a laboratory in Ontario. When the results come back to my office, we do a consultation. I then coach you with specific dietary, lifestyle and supplement recommendations to help with the success of your optimum health.
Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis is an excellent way to view:
- The Body’s stress patterns
- Mineral imbalances
- Organ/glandular weakness
- Adrenal/Thyroid Status
- Cellular mineral transport dynamics
- Ideal nutritional supplements for you
- Presence of toxic metals and materials in the body
There are several reasons that hair may be used as a biopsy over blood:
- Element deposits are stored in the hair for many months, whereas blood serum is always changing
- Often times mineral levels are lower in the blood, making detection more difficult
- Hair analysis is one of few ways to detect toxic metals
- Toxic metals are not found in high concentrations in the blood, except after acute exposure
Minerals are the “spark-plugs of life”. They are literally responsible for:
- All of your bodies’ enzyme systems
- Cellular dynamics
- Whole body health
- Dynamic homeostasis
Hair mineral analysis may shine light on many symptoms and diseases, whose underlying causes are largely related to nutritional deficiencies, mineral imbalances and heavy metal and chemical toxicity.
Your hair is one of many places the body eliminates minerals and heavy metals. The individual mineral levels, ratios of minerals to each other and patterns of minerals deposited in the hair reveal all kinds of things about your body chemistry and health conditions. Your physical and cognitive abilities may be optimized using hair tissue mineral analysis.
We then balance the chemicals in the body by recommending a nutrient-rich diet, targeted nutrient supplement therapy, detoxification and learning to avoid things that cause you harm. Benefits include improved cognitive function, more energy, weight loss, emotional stability and greater stress resilience.
What Can a Hair Mineral Analysis reveal?
Hair mineral analyses are screening tests only and do not diagnose disease.
However, a properly interpreted hair analysis can reveal various mineral imbalances that may indicate a tendency for various conditions.
A hair mineral analysis provides a picture of body chemistry including:
- Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Mineral Deficiencies and Imbalances
- Metabolic Rate (fast or slow)
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Thyroid Function
- Nervous System Imbalances
- Protein Synthesis
- Energy Levels
- Mental Health Issues
- Liver & Kidney Stress
- Carbohydrate Tolerance & Blood Sugar Imbalances like Diabetes and Insulin resistance
Why test for minerals?
Minerals are the “spark plugs” of life. They are involved in almost all enzyme reactions in the body. The foundation of health lies in adequate mineral intake and ideal mineral ratios.
The hair analysis graph shows the following nutrient minerals: calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, iron, copper, manganese, zinc, chromium, selenium and more. These minerals are necessary for proper functioning of the organs and tissues of the body but can also store in organs where they’re not supposed to be and prevent proper function. Many minerals need to be replenished, while some forms of minerals need to be detoxed if they are forms the body cannot utilize.
Balancing minerals with a hair mineral analysis is imperative to achieve proper mineral ratios.
Many factors contribute to mineral deficiencies and imbalances. Here are only a few:
- Stress depletes minerals from the body, most notably magnesium and zinc.
- Toxic metals and chemicals can replace minerals in enzyme binding sites and interfere with mineral absorption.
- Chronic viral and bacterial infections are subtle stressors on the body, depleting minerals. Many suffer from gut microbial imbalances.
- Toxic Food Supply. Our food and soils are depleted of minerals, which is why everyone needs nutritional supplements. Hybrid crops, superphosphate fertilizers, refined foods, pesticides, food additives and more, all contribute to a nutritionally depleted and toxic food supply.
- Drinking Water. Tap water is not safe due to added chlorine, aluminum, fluoride and sometimes copper, which cause toxicity or displace other minerals.
- Unhealthy lifestyles. Many individuals do not get enough sleep, don’t exercise enough (or too much) or have other unhealthy lifestyle habits.
Heavy Metal Toxicity
Presently, humanity is exposed to the highest levels of toxic metals in recorded history, up to several thousand times higher than just a hundred years ago. Everyone has metals in their body. How much do you have? Removing them from the body can vastly improve health, mental functioning, energy and performance.
Metals can contribute to any imaginable health ailment or condition including cases of diabetes (iron), cancer (cadmium), multiple sclerosis (mercury), Alzheimer’s disease (aluminum), and others.
Copper dysregulation is one of the most commonly encountered imbalances that we find on hair tests and may be a contributor to many health problems including, weight gain, eating disorders, fatigue, premenstrual syndrome, endometriosis, fibroids, ovarian cysts, infertility, depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, migraine headaches, allergies, ADHD and learning disorders.
Mercury is found in almost everyone from consuming fish, although it’s also in the atmosphere as a result of coal burning. Mercury toxicity may be associated with adrenal dysfunction, thyroid dysfunction, depression, dizziness, fatigue, headaches, insomnia, gut dysbiosis, kidney damage, memory loss, mood swings, numbness and tingling and muscle weakness.
Aluminum has been found to be associated with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and other forms of dementia, anemia and other blood disorders, colic, fatigue, and kidney and liver dysfunctions.
I highly recommend to put effort into taking care of your health before you get sick. A hair mineral analysis can show health issues and body chemistry imbalances before you manifest symptoms. Once you present with symptoms or illness like cancer, for instance, you’ve been sick for many years. A hair mineral analysis will give you a place to begin and a plan to improve your health and energy levels.
My program provides you with a targeted nutrition plan, detox protocols, and lifestyle recommendations. It is a powerful program used to create optimum health and well-being.
If you’re interested in a consultation or have any questions, please feel free to contact me. With this test you can begin your healing journey. You can naturally improve your performance, vitality and mental clarity and achieve optimum energy to accomplish your most passionate dreams.